Please read this agreement carefully to understand your rights and obligations before you participate in our buy-back program. By participating in CashAphone buy-back program you are accepting the terms and conditions outlined below.
You agree to the following terms and conditions of the Cashaphone trade-in program:
- You are the sole and rightful owner of the
device/s being traded in through the Cashaphone.com.au buy-back program. You
are responsible for any personal or sensitive information stored on the
- It is your responsibility to delete all
personal/sensitive information from your device/s before you send it to
Cashaphone. We are not responsible for any data which is lost, damaged or
deleted from your device/s.
- You are a resident of Australia and are shipping
the device/s within the borders of Australia.
- You are legally capable of entering into a
binding contract and are at least 16 years old.
- If you are under 18 years of age, you have
obtained your parent or guardian's consent/permission to sell the device/s to
- You understand that if any device/s that you
trade-in turn out to have been a lost or stolen device/s, that you will not
receive any compensation.
- You understand that Cashaphone is not liable for
items that may be lost by Australia Post and you have the option to send via
Australia Post Registered Post tracking service at your expense.
- The condition and specifications of the device/s
that you have provided to Cashaphone are accurate.
- You agree and understand that the trade in value
assigned to the device/s after receipt and inspection by Cashaphone may be less
than the estimated value you have been quoted if the condition or
specifications of your device/s differ.
- You understand that the condition of the device/s
when it arrives at Cashaphone’s warehouse is solely your responsibility.
- 7-day return promise: If the condition, functionality or specification
of your device/s differs from what you stated in your order, we will contact
you with a revised price and the option to have your device/s returned. There
will be no charge for the return of your device/s. If after 7 days of not
hearing from you, Cashaphone will assume that you accept your item to be
recycled responsibly and make payment to you at the adjusted price (if
- Any stolen, blocked, counterfeit or fake device/ssent
will be held by Cashaphone. No payment will be made, and the device/s will not
- You understand that if the device/s does not
have a valid and visible SERIAL or (IMEI) number, the final trade in value
after its receipt and inspection by Cashaphone may be reduced to zero.
- You understand that if the device/s has heavy
water or physical damage it is considered, “NO POWER" condition.
- You understand and agree that all data stored on
the device/s will be deleted and may be unrecoverable.
- You understand that it is your responsibility to
discontinue service on any device/s you are trading in before
sending device/s to Cashaphone.
- You understand that Cashaphone is not
responsible for previous or subsequent airtime charges accrued prior, during,
or after you trade in yourdevice/s. Should any airtime charges be accrued, it
is your responsibility to resolve payment issues with your service provider.
- You agree to transfer all right, title and
interest in the device/s to Cashaphone upon their receipt and inspection of the
device/s at their warehouse.
- You agree to ship the device/s to
Cashaphone within 15 days of the day you accept the trade in credit offered.
- You understand the prices offered on
Cashaphone.com.au are subject to change at any time without notice. When your
order has been placed, the prices quoted are guaranteed for 15 days from the
“Date of offer” date. If your phones are received after the 15 days, the
updated current prices will apply(Cashaphone will contact you first).
- All prices shown on Cashaphone.com.au are
inclusive of GST
- You will ensure that the Bank account name, BSB
and account number details are correct.
- Cashaphone does not validate the details
provided and cannot guarantee the receiving bank or nominated account will
validate the details for the payment instruction. Any error in these payment
details may result in a loss of funds. To the extent permitted by law,
Cashaphone is not liable for loss arising from any error in instructions given
or by an authorized user.
- You agree to OPT-IN to Cashaphone SMS, Email and
newsletters.You are able to OPT-OUT at any time.
- You agree that Cashaphone and its affiliates and
partners will not have any liability to you in excess of the final trade in
value assigned by Cashaphone for the product. In no event will Cashaphone, or
its affiliates or partners be liable for any indirect, consequential, special
or punitive, incidental or exemplary damages, whether foreseeable or
unforeseeable, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages,
arising out of this agreement.
- You may not assign or attempt to assign any of your
rights and obligations under these terms. These terms are governed by the laws
of Victoria, Australia and the courts of the state of Victoria shall have
exclusive jurisdiction to hear any disputes arising from or relating to this
- You acknowledge and agree that all personal
identifiable information provided to Cashaphone in connection with the buy-back
- We will remove data stored on phones to the
extent that our systems are technically capable. We cannot remove data from devices
that do not power on or have a fault preventing data clearing such as faulty
software. These devices may be sold for reuse unless you request in writing for
your device to be sent for destruction and recycling rather than reuse. In this
case, we cannot offer payment for your device.
- Once we receive your device/s we will check the
specifications, functionality and condition in line with your order. If
everything is in line with these terms, we will arrange payment within 24 hours
during our working week Monday to Friday.·
- As part of the Second-Hand Dealers and
Pawnbrokers Act As part of Second-Hand Dealers and Pawnbrokers Act 1989 (Registration Number: SHD-0014121), you are required to supply and produce evidence of
identity. Where the identification used contains a photograph, only one piece
of identification is required.The current allowable categories of identification
bearing a photograph are:
- Identification cards issued by a Tertiary Education institution
If the identification used does not include a photograph, two forms of
identification are required, from the following list:
- a full
birth certificate or extract
- a certificate of Australian citizenship
- a marriage certificate
- one only of the following health or pensioner
cards issued by or on behalf of the Commonwealth Department of Families,
Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs, or the Commonwealth
Department of Health and Ageing:
seniors health card
- one only of any other card issued by the above
Commonwealth Departments and which certifies entitlement to Commonwealth
- an identification card issued by a tertiary
The Cashaphone website and related trade-in service is operated by PhoneCycle Pty Ltd ABN: 71 152 085 295